Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Craft Time

Yes, I braved the stores on Black Friday and bought supplies for one of my favorite craft projects, which I now share with you.

I like to make drink markers, also knowen as wine markers, however if you get a large hoop they work equally well on beer mugs.

Supplies: wire hoops, usually sold in bead stores as earring hoops, colored beads and individual charms.

How it is done, string 2 or 3 of your colored beads onto a hoop, add a UNIQUE charms, 2 or 3 more beads and ta-da, a drink marker.

Why the Chick likes this project: When these are sold they are usually in sets of six or so, but what I like to do is make individual drink markers that are personalized to each individual in my circle of drinking buddies. I include these in cards, and then everyone has a very personal marker they can use at parties throughout the year. Of course, you can buy sets and pick through them for the right marker for each of your friends as well.

No comments: